Asus ZenFone 3 Laser: Yay or Nay?

4:31 AM

This is what Miss P thinks of Asus ZenFone 3 Laser



This is what Miss Piaya things of Asus ZenFone 3 Laser

This is a review of the Asus ZenFone 3 Laser (ZC551KL). It a little late considering that it was released a couple of months ago, this 2016. But I got mine just before Christmas after days of trying to decide which one to buy among the many mid-range smartphones out there. So this is the phone I bought after carefully watching so many videos and reading articles from other people who are into doing reviews and first hand impressions. So far, this is what I have to say about this gadget which comes from ASUS.



Display and Overall Aesthetics of the Asus ZenFone 3 Laser

This phone comes with an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that is 5.5” wide and it has a 1080x1920 pixels for resolution. Unlike other smartphones, this one has has rounded corners and the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. I cannot say that it is the toughest one but it seems hard enough for normal use.

When it comes to color choices, there are only two: Sand Gold, Glacier Silver. I bought the silver one. The back is smooth with sandblasted finish that fees luxurious. The phone size is 149 x 76 x 7.9 mm and it weighs 150 g. For me, who has little hands, I find this phone a little hard to handle. It is a bit slippery so I have to slip it into a protective case. Overall there is nothing to complain about in terms of design and handling.


Other Essential Features

Asus ZenFone 3 Laser has a microSD cardslot that can house up to 256 GB of additional storage. However I don’t need that much space since I only play Candy Crush and I need just enough storage to accommodate a long music playlist. I can say, that the internal memory of 32GB that it comes with is pretty much enough for me.

Inside, the phone is built with GSM/HSPA/LTA technology while it runs on Android OS Marshmallow 6.0.1 It is powered by an Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 505 and Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430. Many say that is not the fastest for those who intend to use it for calls, text, video calls, Skype, Twitter, Facebook and other similar apps, you will find that the phone works perfectly find with no lag or delay.

In terms of connecting to the internet or other devices, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot features. It can also connect through Bluetooth. You can plug it using microUSB v2.0. So far, in terms of connectivity, storage and processor, this phone does not fail to deliver.



Asus ZenFone 3 Laser Battery Life and Camera

ASUS claims that the ZenFone 3 line is designed for photography and thus the ZenFone 3 Laser is loaded with a 13 MP, f/2.0 camera at the back of the phone. It has 0.03s laser autofocus, thus the label “Laser.” It also includes features like geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR and panorama modes among others and it can capture 1080p videos. The front camera takes 8 MP, f/2.0 pictures

Lastly for its battery, the Asus ZenFone 3 Laser has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. On the average, I charge my phone every two days of “normal use” which by my own definition means taking selfies and other photos, making calls and sending text messages, watching videos on YouTube and surfing the internet and going on Facebook.

I don’t have a separate camera so with the back and front camera that this phone has the pictures I take are just as stunning as those I might be taking using a standard camera.


Other features

It has a fingerprint scanner which is awesome. I find it more convenient that having to input a 4-digit code. Moreover, the ZenFone 3 Laser allows you to snap selfies with the same scanner. I must admit though that it does not recognize my fingertip if my hand have a little bit of moisture. But, it is not really that bothersome.

This smartphone says it can store up to 5 fingerprints—well I only plan to use one of my own fingerprints. Out of curiosity I stored my husband’s fingerprint and it works. I have nothing to hide anyway.



Asus ZenFone 3 Laser: Yay or Nay

Many say that it’s a little expensive being a phone considered to be in the mid-range market. But it’s a YAY! For me personally. Obviously I bought it. I like the luxurious feel and it overall design. For me, it takes good pictures even on low light situations, it is very responsive, has a long battery life and the display is superb and crisp.

So, I have nothing to complain about the Asus ZenFone 3 Laser, except for the fact that it is too big for my hand. Even so, I think it is a good phone, despite the fact that many say it is an UPDATE to ZenFone 2 Laser instead of being an upgrade.

For those who are yet to buy a phone like this one, I hope this article helps you.

Photo Credit: ASUS Official website


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi is my message

Need glasses?

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *