DIY Rose Water Spray: Benefits of Using and Why You Should Make One Yourself

11:48 PM

Why have I not thought about this sooner? As I grow older, I become more and more obsessed with natural skin care solutions. Today, I just made my first DIY rose water spray. 

Why go through all that trouble of finding and buying the prettiest roses, which don't come cheap most of the time, and making your own rose water if you can buy rose water in a spray bottle almost anywhere? If you have roses in your garden, you are very lucky. 

Well, my reasons are simple. One, you cannot be too sure about the ingredients that factory-made rose water sprays have. Two, think of how they handle the product. Exposure to heat, UV light and other things are factors to consider when products are being transported from point A to point B.

I may be exaggerated or a bit to paranoid...I'm sorry...Anyway...

If you want to enjoy the benefits of rose water--and there are a LOT--then you would want to be sure of where it came from and what it is made of. Simply put, you would want to be sure that it is made from real rose petals. And that is why you have to make it yourself Don't panic because the process is very simple.


Before I share how I made my DIY rose water spray, let me first share why you SHOULD use it regularly. Roses are rich in vitamins that are super beneficial to your skin.--vitamin C is one. Moreover, I have read somewhere that there are about a hundred reasons to use rose water, but here are the main ones.
  • Natural toner for the face
  • It has skin brightening properties
  • Remedy for puffy eyes
  • It heals sun burns
  • It refreshes as it cleanses the skin
  • It is a natural remedy for blemishes
  • It has anti-aging properties
  • It works as a natural moisturizer for the skin
  • It has anti-bacterial properties
  • It relieves skin irritations and inflammation
  • BONUS: makeup setting spray

In other words, it is an all natural skin care solution. And because it is natural, I believe you can use it as often as needed.


So without further ado, here is the super simple recipe for a DIY rose water spray.

Things you will need:
  • Fresh roses
  • Clean water
  • Sauce pan
  • Clean spray bottle 
Procedure:
  • Wash the roses. You will want those to be chemical and pesticide free
  • Tear the petals carefully and put them in the sauce pan
  • fill the sauce pan with 2 cups water 
  • Bring the water to a boil and simmer until the petals lose their color and the water becomes pink. The red ones really turn the water nice bright pink.  
  • Turn of the heat and allow the water to completely cool
  • Pour into the clean spray bottles. If you want to give your rose water protection from UV light, then use the amber/cobalt blue spray bottles.
  • Refrigerate your DIY rose water and use within a month or less.
I used about 5 medium sized rose blooms for two 80ml bottles (one is a spray type, the other has a twist open cap--for storage). I bough the plastic bottles at SM. The dark spray bottle was Php79 and the clear one costs Php39. I can definitely reuse them after I run out. On the other hand, the roses cost me Php100--I haggled LOL! I actually saved some money as compared to buying rose water spray from a department store.

Have you tried making your own DIY rose water? Tell me about it.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I heard that this could help clear up acne. Would definitely try this soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi is my message

Need glasses?

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *